Three bedroom, two bathroom, 3 toilets - Steeped in history “Lyndhurst” is Inverells only freestanding terrace house built in 1876 by the first appointed sheriff of Inverell, Charles Egan.
This beautifully restored and renovated three-bedroom, two-bathroom Victorian Home has a modern interior that incorporates period features. Quality furniture and fittings, along with reverse cycle air conditioning on both levels, log fireplace and NBN WiFi will ensure your stay is cosy and comfortable.
Minimum 5 night stay.
- Renovated Victorian terrace house with stunning period features
- Fully furnished with a blend of exquisite antique & modern furnishings
- 3 Double Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 toilets
- Main bathroom with luxury shower & separate small claw foot bath
- Downstairs French Provincial Bedroom boasts luxury ensuite & walk-in robe
- Modern, fully equipped kitchen with quality appliances
- Modern laundry with Eco front loader and clothes dryer
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living area
- Gorgeous formal lounge with log fireplace
- Upstairs & downstairs reverse cycle air conditioners
- Unlimited NBN WiFI Included
- Weekly cleaning & linen charge by arrangement
- Large flat screen TV in downstairs lounge area
- Small flat screen TV in upstairs lounge area
- Quality linen & towels provided
- Ample off street parking
- 1 block from the center of Inverell, even less to quality Cafes. restaurants, bars & the Art precinct of town.
The amazing restoration and renovation showcases the size and personality of the home.
The new restoration and renovation showcase the size and personality of the home. As documented the ABC’s Restoration Australia, the stunning restored timber floors reflect the deep skirting boards along the wide hallway. High press metal ceilings, exquisite chandeliers and beautifully restored cedar double hung windows give the feeling of grandeur and opulence.
The Chef’s kitchen features the re-purposed Alter as the main island bench, eclectic polished concrete floors, stone bench tops, breakfast bar with recycled school science stools. The black double Bellings gas oven has 3 ovens and 6 top burners has been set into the original fireplace and a butler’s pantry added where the old wash house used to be. The floating kitchen shelves are reclaimed from timbers from the front verandah & the ceiling lining boards re-purposed from the old wash house.
A fully functioning modern laundry incorporating a Eco friendly front load washing machine, clothes dryer, ironing board and iron.
Carpeted bedrooms with a combination of queen and double beds, dressed in quality linen all cater for a good night’s sleep. The bedrooms have furniture of significant historical interest with the impressive American Oscar Wilde bedroom suite (C1891), the French Provincial bedroom suite (C1903) and the Louis XV Rococo Bedroom suite. High pressed metal ceilings and a modern take on the chandeliers all add to the richness of a good night’s sleep.
Relaxing livings areas on both floors with the upstairs living area opening out through French Doors onto the top verandah surrounded by a stunning balustrade. You will find a outdoor lounge, tables and chairs to relax with a beverage and watch the world go by. The front verandahs overlook Inverell’s Victoria Park. In the rear yard there is a barbeque, dining setting and plenty of space for private alfresco entertaining. The stunning kitchen bi-fold doors open out onto this area which also incorporates polished concrete floors.
On-street parking is available.
For total convenience the wonderful central location places you within a block of the main streets (Otho & Byron) and the house is included as part of Inverell’s historical streetscape & forms part of the town historical trail. Easy walking distance to the Art Galleries, Town Hall, Café’s, Restaurants, Bars and main shopping area of town.